Test Chamber Controller Retrofits
Have a reliable test chamber that has operated steady for years but is falling behind with modern technological improvements. Chart recorders are a thing of the past. For a fraction of the cost of purchasing a new test chamber, update your current chamber with a test chamber controller retrofit!
A controller upgrade paired with our meticulous retrofitting process and our scheduled maintenance programs can dramatically undercut the high cost of chamber replacement while increasing your chamber’s capabilities.
Let us keep your equipment productive and your capital well-allocated with a repair/replacement consultation. Our goal is to make your chamber better serve your company’s needs.
WATLOW F4T PROCESS CONTROLLER
With a gorgeous 4.3” full-color touchscreen, durable IP65 rating, and flexible hardware and software options, the F4T from Watlow will breathe new life into your environmental chamber. The F4T has a LED backlife of greater than 50,000 hours also including a three-year warranty. Control temperature, cascade, altitude, and humidity with 40 ramp/soak profiles. In the event of power failure, F4T’s nonvolatile memory provides data retention. See the Watlow F4T specification data sheet.
Combine and simplify. Less equipment to calibrate. Profile steps, alarms, limits, and error notifications are all programmable to reach you via email and text message. The F4T covers the functions previously provided through:
- Multiple process controllers. (Up to 4 Controllers in 1)
- Five independent PID sets.
- Four user customizable home screens.
- Limit controllers. (Integrated Limits and Alarms)
- Chart recorders. (Encrypted Data Logging)
- Complicated relay logic. (Internal PLC Logic)
- Phone dialers. (Email/Text Alerts)
Modular hardware and software allow the F4T to shift with your changing testing needs. Add additional data logging or software features only when needed. Add inputs and outputs in increments of one, only pay for what you need. Add, subtract, change I/O at any time.
The F4T is designed to connect and inform:
- Use flash drives in the USB ports for easy transfer of data logs, profiles, and configurations.
- Customize email and text alerts for any profile status change or control error.
- Program profiles through the touchscreen or using Watlow’s excellent, free Composer software.
- Communicate with LabVIEW, SpecView, and other test monitoring software through the wide variety of available protocols. (EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP SCPI, and EIA-232/485 Modbus RTU)
RELIABLE RETROFITTING PROCESS
Any controller is only as effective as its installation and surrounding components. Our years of experience upgrading and optimizing our own chambers help us ensure your upgraded chamber operates reliably for years.
TO GUARANTEE OUR CHAMBER RETROFIT WILL SERVE YOU WELL EVERY CONTROLLER RETROFIT INCLUDES:
- A full Preventative Maintenance check of the electrical system and addressing of any discovered future failure points.
- Replacement of older mechanical and mercury switching devices.
- Installation of the controller and all supporting components.
- Tuning of the control loop(s) to your operating ranges.
- Training and documentation on the operation of the controller.
- A full electrical schematic.
- A warranty on our work.
No matter the chamber manufacture, we have the experience and expertise to retrofit it.